Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Strong Finish Requires A Strong Start


Be healthy, wealthy, and wise because “the first wealth is health” as said by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I live by the motto: My “Health is My Wealth”. Some may say that this cliché is overused, but it must remain in the forefront of our consciousness if we are to live a live of intentionality and purpose. I talk to myself like I talk to the people that I mentor. After all, I must practice what I preach. To me, it almost seems  prophetic: take care of you and you will finish strong. Taking care of our bodies is just as important as taking care of our finances, our relationships, our minds, and our spirits. We want to " live long and prosper", as Dr. Spock once said on the television show Star Trek. We want to "get our grind on”,  get ahead, and be an influencer but without health, getting ahead often won’t be important or enjoyable in the long run. We were not designed to burn the candle at both ends for long periods of time. Our body's clock, our heart rate, the healthy milestone markers and  guidelines for health are meant to help us live a life of health consciousness in order to be successful in our lives and relationships. So, let’s strive to be wealthy and successful in ways other than in our wallets.  Don’t get me wrong. Having money is nice, provides access, and provides the means to advance God’s kingdom. But, let’s strive with intentionality and determination to be healthy enough to accomplish our purpose in life and truly enjoy the things that money, education, and even status provide access to. I sponsored a Finish Strong Challenge and Conference and hope that you will join me.for the next one. Information will be provided in the Fall of 2023 for the 2024 Challenge through my multi-media and digital platforms. Sign up at allthingscanady@gmail.com. Why? Because so many trade time for money. So many  inadvertently or mindlessly trade their health for money. But poor health is often an accumulation of poor habits, poor decisions, and is the thief of our precious time through poor energy, illness, absence from work, hospital stays, and even early deaths. In other words, we have not been intentional.

Let's take control of our lives; our mental, physical, and spiritual health; our finances; be a good steward of our time and bodies; and not be afraid of leaving our comfort zones when it comes to diet, exercise, and mindsets. My next series of articles will address the detrimental mindsets, the achievable mastery of our health, and our power and ability to make these necessary changes to live long and prosper. 
The Finish Strong Challenge will truly challenge you to be intentional and develop or wake up that "I've got this" mindset! Begin to ask yourself today, 
What am I leaving behind as a health legacy inheritance? How can I avoid impulsive health spending? How can I make wiser decisions? The Challenge will be a collaboration among many partners with AllThingsCanady.
Won't you decide today to intentionally invest in your health with longevity and the future in mind?
I look forward to partnering with you to finish 2022 Strong  and begin 2023 even stronger! We've got this!! So, let's show up and produce stronger mindsets, stronger families, stronger churches, and stronger communities. Until the next issue, intentionally choose to be healthy, wealthy and wise. Be blessed. You may reach me at allthingscanady@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment